Important Points to Keep in Mind for Disaster Preparedness
Each and every single person, irrespective of their present situation must be knowledgeable about disaster preparedness. Be sure that you don’t think that a disaster whether it is natural or manmade is not able to harm you. No one is exempted to experiencing the dangers that disasters can cause. It is vital that you know as many disaster preparedness guides as possible in order to help you survive during the worst case scenario. Now, in the extent of this article, we could not mention all of the disaster preparedness tips. There are just a lot of tips, on the other hand, we will tackle a couple of them just the important ones.
1. Perhaps, the most important tip is to be certain that you family has already created a communication plan such as a family disaster plan. This can be done in a number of means, but then again, one of the most essential is to make sure that you have at least one family member or at least a friend who is living far away who can contact all of you in case that you lose contact with one another.
2. Be sure to know all of the emergency evacuation course as they pertain to your workplace or your community.
3. Be sure to know how to turn off all of the utilities such as electricity, water and particularly gas.
4. Make certain that you have an emergency survival kit or package in place for every member of your family that has at least enough supplies like medications, blankets, clothing, water, food and etc that could last for at least 72 hours or more.
5. And also, be certain that you have cash on hand since it is most likely that the ATM will not be working or the credit card terminals in case that a number of stores are still open.
6. And this one should be a complete must. Make sure that you spend some of your time to join trainings about CPR techniques and first aids. And it is certainly worth it to spend some of your time learning on how you can save your life or even someone else’s life.
7. Be certain to set a meeting place or a reunion point designated for all of your household or family members to gather at.
8. Make sure that you know and understand that there are certain kinds of disasters that are more disposed to take place in particular locations and areas. For this reason, find out what is most likely to occur in your area.
Advanced reading: see this page